Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween..a week long event!

This Halloween was an event that seemed to last a whole week! Last Saturday, we went up to Anthem, AZ to spend time with some friends of ours. We decided to go to their ward's(our old ward) trunk-or-treat. Then on Thursday (Oct 30), our ward had a trunk-or-treat. Friday in the day, I volunteered to help out for Daphne's kindergarten class party. Even before we went trick-or-treating, Daphne had 2 pumpkins full of candy! With all the candy she got thru out the week we didn't feel to bad only going to about 10 houses and calling it a night on Halloween.

This year, Daphne wanted to be about 20 different things. She decided on Sleeping Beauty. We had a wig and everything! She looked pretty cute!She kept posing for the camera, and telling me to "take more pictures of me"!

Evan was supposed to be a monkey. I bought a monkey costume that was 0-9 months. I held it up to him and everything. It looked more than big enough. When I started to get him dressed, I looked at the kid I was trying to stuff into this costume, then the costume. I realized no matter how hard we tried it was not going to fit! (Evan turned 6 months on the 30th and weighs almost 18 lbs!) Looking back, I probably should have bought a 12 month outfit! Jeff decided to get Daphne's first costume out. We were able to squeeze Evan into it, but it was snug! Evan didn't think it was very much fun, he pretty much screamed while Jeff was getting him dressed!

1 comment:

AZ Allreds said...

oh my heck!!! I wish I knew the Tryks were back in AZ! I was up in Gilbert for Halloween...how are you? I hope all is well...please let me know how you're doing and let's get together sometime...talk to you soon. I haven't seen or talked to you since Beau's wedding...almost 5 years.
Sarah (Garrett) Allred